Thursday, November 20

did you notice?


Sitting by the woodburner as I wait for the fire to be set for the night, I took a peek at the word for this week and decided to write it out right now.  It's the weekly challenge held on Fridays where you write for five minutes on one word.  No editing.  Post it.  Link it up at Kate's Five Minute Friday.  Then take some time to visit the link before yours — or several before yours — leaving behind a word of encouragement. The word is NOTICE.  Ready?  Set?  Write!

::notice::

Heads are always down as we connect with one another via technology in our hands.  Socially joining with anyone in an instant is the normal in today's culture.  Yet studies keep popping up about how lonely people really are.  They actually feel disconnected when it comes to real life.  

There's just something about having someone notice you.  

It's that acknowledgement that you are a real person with real feelings.

Being involved in a ministry where I do sit down one-on-one and face-to-face primarily with women, it's fascinating to watch their body language change as someone actually takes the time to notice them.  Their words come tumbling out and they don't have to question whether or not someone is actually listening because they can see that I'm engaged with their every word.  It's the eye contact.  It's the smile.  It's the pauses in the conversation during the difficult parts that don't need an instant reply.  Because someone is there to notice. Someone is there to care.

I tell ya, we need to slow this world down to stop and spend real time with one another.  We need to put down the technology, and really listen to the life stories that can't be shared in a text.  Truly be the hands and feet and heart of Jesus when we take the time to notice another person who could use His love.

STOP!

(And there's probably a whole lot more I could say on this topic because it's dear to my heart as I live in this hurting world, but I'll leave it at that!)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Sandra Aguilar said...

Hi Tammy!!! Stoping by to say to you thank you for your words... Because I could notice how the technology takes us far from our love ones...

ruthemarriott said...

Hi Tammy, love your thoughts today. I've wrestled with the technology thing too, it can really get in the way, but it can also be a timely text that comes through when I need it that lifts me and makes me know someone knows I'm in a struggle. Whether it's online or off, we all need that encouragement!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin