Friday, January 16

the unsent letter

Some Fridays come slower than others.  Like this one.  Feels like it's been a long week.  Time to join writers from all over as we spend five minutes writing on one word.  No editing. Post it.  Link it up at Kate's Five Minute Friday.  Click on the link before yours and be sure to leave an encouraging note behind.  The word for this week is SEND.  Ready?  Set? Write!

::send::

There's nothing more wonderful than writing notes of encouragement, sticking them into an envelope, and then putting a stamp on them to send in the mail. More recently I've been working on writing out addresses on Christmas cards as all my children were home over New Years and we were able to get a sibling picture that can be stuck in the cards with a note.

But what about notes that you cannot send because there is no address.  I mean, what would the post office do with letters that have the address "HEAVEN" written on them. Most likely they'd get the "Return to Sender" stamp on them or get tossed in the direction of the circular file.  

Yet that's the letter I long to write as I get close to the tenth anniversary of my mom's death.  Life has changed so much over the past ten years and I just want to spill it all out to that one person who loved me unconditionally knowing she'd be laughing and crying with me.  

Oh ya, I do know I can spill it all out to the God who loves me unconditionally, but there's just something about getting that big hug at the end of the conversation that I'm missing like crazy......


STOP!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Diana said...

Tammy, I love your post, I am your neighbor on five minute Friday. I still miss my mom, her birthday was January 13 she would have been 85 years old. God is there and he does love us unconditionally. Blessings

Natasha said...

Joining you from FMF. Such a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing!

homeskoolmom said...

I feel that way about my Grandma. She's been gone way longer than 10 years and I still miss her much. She raised many and some days I wish I could ask her HOW she did it and stayed sane :)

Have a wonderful day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin