Friday, January 30

way to wait


Time for a bit of writing as I join a community of other writers as we write sometimes quickly or sometimes slowly on one word.  No editing, just free writing.  Post it.  Link it it up at Kate's Five Minute Friday.  Check out the link (or many links) before yours and be sure to leave a word of encouragement behind. Today's word is WAIT.  Ready?  Set?  Write!

::wait::

Reading up on the origins of the word 'wait', I believe our culture tends to do the opposite of the original intention of the word wait.  

'Wait' was more of a be awake, be alert, be watchful, to guard.

Nowadays it feels like 'wait' means take a nap, chill, hang on your phone, let your guard down.  More of a time of unneeded idleness that can often lead to trouble.

Good grief, I sound like a grandmother!  Oh wait, I am one. And the "be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him" doesn't put me in a chair looking out the window.  Instead I'm still serving Him where He places me, still studying His Word, still grabbing His peace for my heart as I live in anticipation, still praying for others, still watching how He's moving around me to see where He wants me in the future.  

It is a matter of being still in a sense and not going ahead of God, but also having alertness in that stillness, continuing to move, and being ever watchful during the wait.

Time is too short. Don't waste a single moment while you wait!

STOP!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


3 comments:

Jo Rose said...

Thank you for the reminder that waiting is to be active. Waiting is not meant to be idle time, but a time of full alertness and anticipation of what God is going to do and what He is calling us to do.

Suzy said...

I like the idea of wait being an active word. Life needs to keep moving.

Dropping by from the fmf linkup

Diana said...

Tammy, stopped by at the blog hop. thanks for your words of wisdom. Wait being an active word. It really is because while we are waiting we can be praying. Blessings, Diana

Blog Widget by LinkWithin