Monday, February 16

Daybooking in February


For February 16th

Outside my window.....it is very overcast and we've hit the high temperature of the day a balmy 14 degrees.  Someone told me that this is the warmest day of the forecasted upcoming week.

I am thinking.....that most of our lives are lived in massive miscommunication with others.

I am thankful.....for the blessing of our woodburner that gives off a steady cozy warm.  Not sure that I'm thankful for the side effect of sleepy eyes whenever I sit by it though!


I am wearing....a pair of jeans, a long sleeved top with a teal vest AND a dark blue zip up sweater over it.  I've been in and out of the house today so this is my attempt to stay warm.

I am hearing.....a mermaid TV show currently playing on Netflix.  I love listening to these mermaids with their Aussie accents.

I am wondering.....if I can keep my last succulent plant alive.  I haven't figured out the knack of making these types of plants thrive as I've lost four others so far.  I really like them and am determined to try different things to help them to grow well.

I am creating.....a quilt for my grandson.  Most of the top is done now except I keep tweaking it a bit.  I think I need to just leave it alone and actually begin the quilting!

I am going.....to have to run some of my errands tomorrow as I forgot the post office was closed today.

I am reading.....a variety of books now.  Just dabbling.  Not enough time to really settle into one of my many books.

I am praying.....for God to work in a situation in such a way that there's no doubt HE has things under control.  

I am remembering.....the winter vacations we've taken to much warmer places.  I can almost feel the sand between my toes!

I am hoping.....for a bit more sunshine than what we've been having this winter.  I REALLY need the heart-lifting smiles that sunshine brings.

On my mind.....is how easily truth gets distorted in some situations and how much we need to pray for the Lord to reveal TRUTH.  

From the learning rooms.....we are doing well with our studies.  

I am learning....and experimenting with a new kind of art form - hand lettering.  I love to print and this feels like it's right up my alley.  Practice practice practice (and thank you, Pinterest, for the wealth of resources available!)

Noticing that.....the cat is very "electrical" right now.  Every time I pet him I get a shock.  Might have to run the humidifier a bit more.

I am looking forward to.....browsing through garden seed catalogs.

Pondering these words....."It's not the load that breaks you down.  It's the way you carry it." ~ C.S. Lewis

From the kitchen.....all baked Valentine goodies are GONE! That is a good thing.....

Around the house....are sunflower seed shells that seem to come in on our boots from under the bird feeders.

One of my favorite things.....is that first cup of coffee in the morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include breakfast with the Kiwanis Club tomorrow morning, work days, quilting, and celebrating the 16th birthday of a daughter at the end of the week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
My brother-in-law's wife's Christmas cactus that I'm "babysitting" for this winter went into full bloom during Valentine's week.  It was simply beautiful!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the February daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Jodi said...

We have so much static in the house as well! I am looking forward to having sand between my toes this summer! Have a great week!

Love Bears All Things said...

Stopping by to say hi....
Mama Bear

Tammy said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jodi and Mama Bear! I hope you both have a great week, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin