Friday, March 13

forget the plan


End of the work week already.  Time for one last task before the lights go off.  Write for 5 minutes on one word.  No editing.  Post it.  Link it up at Kate's Five Minute Friday. Leave a word of encouragement at the post before yours.  The word for this week is PLAN.  Ready?  Set?  Write!

:::plan:::

When I saw the word, the first thing that came to mind was the saying - "The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray."  That thought was quickly followed by the verse from Proverbs - "The heart of man plans his way but the LORD establishes his steps." (from chapter 16:9)

The longer I live, the more I've learned to write all my plans in pencil because they are certain to change.  The changes usually aren't because I've changed my course, but rather due to all the changes around me.

This has been especially true as a mom.  My early days with babies and toddlers rarely had more of a plan than making sure everyone was fed, clothed, and tucked into bed at night. If anything else got accomplished, it was a bonus.  Amazing how that is still true with children that are older, particularly when they are teenagers. Their plans constantly change and often while they are in the midst of doing something they planned.  

Then throw work into the mix and it's the same thing.  I have a schedule when I enter the door and a sweet to-do list in my hand.  By the end of the day, I realize that not much actually happened that I had planned for despite my best efforts.  But often a lot has happened that was much better than what I had planned.  I planned my day;  God took me on His plan.

It all comes back to writing your plans in pencil and seeing what the Lord has in mind for establishing the steps of the day.  When you go with His flow, suddenly your plans weren't so important after all.....

STOP!

Blessings,
Tammy ~~

1 comment:

Amanda Hopkins said...

I have a 2 month old, 3 year old, 6 year old and 14 year old...I don't like writing in pen often :-) I have found that my plans aren't usually the same as His and I have to work with that. As much as I love plans, I love where I am at right now with His plans!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin