Friday, April 24

hide the calendar

Friday always arrives with a rush, but I'm not complaining.  It feels good to have the weekend before me.  But first it's time to write for five minutes on one word.  No editing.  Post it. Link it up with the community of writers found at Kate's Five Minute Friday  And be sure to visit the link before yours leaving a word of encouragement behind.  The word for today is HIDE.  Ready?  Set?  GO!

::hide::

Thinking back to my younger days, I recall all the things that were planned and put on a calendar.  There was a definite sense of how I saw the days playing out as well as a solid idea of what the future held.  Events yet to come already had a sense of the possible memories they'd hold. 

Then life happened.  

As I look back, all the time spent planning and envisioning the future — in my mind — were changed during specific events that changed the course of my life story.  Of course, I didn't recognize any of that at the time, but can see it more clearly now.  Hindsight.  There's the sense of "if only I had known then what I know now".  Then again, all of those life course changes made me who I am today as well as establishing a faith in God that wouldn't have happened any other way.  

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that will prevail." ~ Proverbs 19:21

It reminds me of the saying about writing all your plans in pencil remembering that God has the eraser.  Better yet, hide the calendar and ask Him to lead your day.  Be open to the moments He has for you with a flexibility in your plans for His purposes.  All the details of our life stories really are part of His sovereign plan and He'll provide the grace to live through them, especially when life isn't happening the way you envisioned.....

STOP!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Carrie McCoy said...

I loved what you said when you shared those sayings, "writing all your plans in pencil remembering that God has the eraser and hide the calendar and ask Him to lead your day." As a military wife, I've faced a lot of unexpected change over the course of my marriage. It's been a whirlwind at times. However, like you said, as you look back, certain events happened that changed our life story. My husband's deployment schedule changed and with that change came along our precious twins. Thank you for sharing your post. It's a great reminder not to plan too much bet let the Lord lead.

Unknown said...

The image of writing plans in pencil and remembering that God has the eraser is exquisite. His plans are always better than ours. Thanks so much for this post. And thanks for visiting me @ http://lovedasif.com. (Also @ http://glamofgod.com)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin