Friday, April 17

tomorrow

A week ago the weather was a'strugglin', but this Friday I can say with a bit more confidence that spring has sprung.  Time to spring into action with some fast writing.  Write for five minutes on one word.  No editing.  Post it.  Link it up at Kate's Five Minute Friday.  Take a few minutes to visit the link before yours (or several of the links before yours) and leave behind an encouraging comment.  Today's word is TOMORROW!  Ready?  Set?  Go!

::tomorrow::

Spring has arrived which means I can travel again! Yippeeeee!  And I can hardly wait to hit the road.  Tomorrow I will be four hours away from home as family and friends gather together to celebrate my youngest grandchild's first birthday!

What?  First birthday?  

It's seems like yesterday that I was with family running a 5K race at midnight when I received a text that my daughter-in-law was in labor.  Suddenly this early bird was no longer challenged by running in the dark at such a late hour.  In fact, it was hard to attempt to sleep after the race knowing the newest family member was about to arrive.  What an absolute delight it was to hear that my grandson had arrived safe and sound and wonderfully healthy!

I wish I lived closer to be able to spend more time with him, but have been blessed by the times I have seen him plus today's technology brings with it  all the pictures and videos that warm my heart.  Tomorrow, however, I will be watching him smile and toddle and climb and eat birthday cake in person and will finally get to kiss those little cheeks again!

STOP!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Bethanne said...

Thanks for this, the blessing of new life said so beautifully.

Melissa R said...

So glad that you will be able to see him for his first birthday! Technology is pretty amazing, too, but it's not like really being there.

Have a wonderful visit!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin