Thursday, July 30

Daybooking in July


For today, July 30th

Ahhhh, Pikes Peak!

Outside my window....I'm missing this view from our time in Colorado earlier this month.

I am thinking....about how I missed daybooking in June and am about to miss daybooking in July.  But hey, it's never toooo late, right?  The calendar still says July!

family enjoying lake time

I am thankful....for an incredible stretch of perfectly warm summer days to enjoy right now.  Wish we could save them and bring them back in the middle of January!


one of my new flip flops being used for hail size comparison this month

I am wearing....a green tank top and an old grubby pair of shorts as I'm headed out to the garden as soon as I'm done posting my daybook.

I am creating....a list of tasks for the month of August as that is always my "crunch" month of too many things to do with too little time and I really don't want to forget anything.

the acorn squash being invaded by an army of weeds behind it

I am going....to attempt to finally get all the garden weeding done this week. Our vacation time and then family home really threw off that task and it's taking forever to get caught up.   

I am wondering....where exactly the ground wasp's nest is after receiving a nasty sting last week.


one of my recent reads from the library

I finished reading two books this past month...."Dear Mr. Knightley" by Katherine Reay and "The Atonement Child" by Francine Rivers.

I am hoping....to get back into my daily walking routine. Fortunately there's been more swimming and biking to do lately which helps keep me moving.

I am learning....that if I pick one little spot in the house to work on cleaning each day, gradually it will all get done. After living in this house for over 35 years, there's just a lot of stuff that needs to be gone through and tossed out, especially as kids grow up and move out.

new yellow bean plants

In my garden....the veggies that I replanted came up quickly and are catching up to the rest just as quickly.

In my kitchen....the fan is going a lot more these days and the oven is being used a lot less.

In the homeschool room....our curriculum for the fall is getting ordered.  I'm going to try a new math program for my high schooler.

A quote I'm pondering today....and I don't know who it belongs to but I love it - "The Bible is meant to be BREAD for daily life and not CAKE for special occasions."

yummy goodness

A peek into one of my days....will find me starting the day with a smoothie each morning.

One of my favorite things....is a breeze blowing through the windows at bedtime on a summer night.

From the board room.... 

another great way to use scrap fabric  ~ pot holders

Source:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/121878733643030634/

Post script (this is where you will find a link that I found and simply wanted to pass along)....I am passing along a link from my daughter-in-law who made her own laundry detergent.  Everything has been purchased, so we'll be trying it, too!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the July daybook or write a journal yourself, stop over at Peggy's at The Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy

3 comments:

goodnightgram said...

Hi Tammy, I like the looks of that morning smoothie! I start my day with one too, but mine usually looks purple. I lie the looks of your green one. Veggies? What a nice photo of Pike's Peak! It's been a while since I visited there. Have a great week!

LaughingLady said...

Oh, it's been SO long since I Daybooked, too! Maybe I'll try and get my act together to post one on Monday...

(the link about the homemade laundry detergent just brings me to the Blogger home page)

Tammy said...

My smoothies tend to look real green no matter what I put in them because I start with a heaping handful of spinach. There's always a carrot and sometimes some cucumber, but I usually add whatever fruit is in season.....so could be pineapple, melon, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, grapes, whatever :-)

You now have more time, Tammi, so yup, you should daybook! I re-did the laundry link. Not sure why it wasn't working, but hopefully it will work now :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin