Monday, August 3

all of the time



The following was part of my devotional from last week and it has stuck with me, so I'm sharing it here with you:

"Part of our problem is that we tend to carry around with us an unbiblical definition of ministry that allows us to live comfortably as Christian consumers.  We think of ministry this way:  we have our little private lives that belong to us, and we step out of our lives into moments of ministry and then step back into our lives after those ministry initiatives are over.  The fact of the matter is that since we have been bought with the blood of Jesus, our lives don't belong to us anymore. They are his possession for his use.  This means that our life is ministry and ministry is our life.  There is no real separation between life and ministry.  That means we live, work, related, play, and relax with a ministry mentality.  It means I am always thinking about how to be part of what God is doing in the locations where he places me.  This means my connection to the work of the body of Christ is not that I'm the attender of something, but rather that I am a participant in something along with everyone else.  I am part of God's "all of my people, all of the time" redemptive plan.  The greatest honor of my life is that I have been chosen to be both a recipient and an instrument.  This has given my life deeper meaning that anything I could have discovered on my own.  This is what grace alone can do." ~ Paul David Tripp

My life belongs to Jesus....all of the time.  Live it out loud!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin