Friday, August 7

right here


Oh, the joy of Friday and the arrival of a new weekend!  It also marks the time to sit down for five minutes and chatter a bit about one word, no editing, post it at Kate's Five Minute Friday, then leave a word of encouragement at the post before yours.  The word for today is HERE.  Ready?  Set?  GO!

::here::

About twenty-five years ago when our family was growing, we put an addition onto our home that included a master bedroom/bathroom.  The blessing that came with it was an alcove that was about five by eight feet.  That space very quickly became my space as a desk, a table with a lamp, and my rocking chair filled it.  



It is here where my quiet time is spent — devotional time in the morning and vegging time in the evening. The window behind my rocking chair reveals my garden.  Little scraps of paper notes are everywhere. Pictures of my kids are on the wall.  My desk groans under the weight of so many important odds and ends. And the cat and I constantly do battle over the desk chair with a blanket thrown on it and my rocking chair with a warm fuzzy fleece blanket covering it.  

Being one of the quietest places in a very busy household, it is here where I think, I pray, I cry, I laugh, I read, I plan, I write.  And over the years it has become a sheltered cherished place where I can safely wrestle with God. 

Do you have a place like that?  A quiet place that is just yours?  A safe haven you can always run to where you'll find Him waiting for you? My hope is that if you don't, you'll find one soon!

STOP!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

Denise said...

such a peaceful quiet room.

BusyB said...

I do, and thank-you for reminding me that I am lucky to have this harbor from the storm. A FMF friend.

E W Wright said...

What a lovely, breathing space you have created. Visiting from FMF.

BARBIE said...

Sounds like a beautiful place to meet with God. Stopping in from the Five Minute Friday!

Kimmie said...

Glad you've such a place to rest and soak in His presence.
It is so important that we recharge :)

Kimmie
Mama to 8
One homemade and 7 adopted

@MeLovesBoho said...

Well, I better start creating a quiet place for my soul! Such a wonderful post :D Continue inspiring us ! God bless you and your family :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin