Wednesday, September 2

grace for the month



"My grace is all you need" is a pretty good summary of the Scripture verse it is taken from found in Second Corinthians 12:9.  It is also a pretty good reminder to me during this new month. September tends to traditionally be a crazy busy month as we settle back into a routine in the midst of garden harvesting, a new season of schooling, and major events for work.  It is a month where my brain is swirling with information between those three things on top of everything else a mother constantly needs to know.    

But as I think about that, how important it is to truly grasp that verse - "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

It really is when we are faced with all that stuff on our plates of life and acknowledge that we really are too weak to tackle it within our known capacity of strength that God's power can kick in. It's humbling, for sure, to say you can't do it all and are no supermom despite what everyone around you may think, but the great blessing of peace that comes with that confession makes it all worthwhile as you place your weakness into the hands of the One who holds the power.  

His grace truly is sufficient, and His power is more than sufficient.  

Can I get an AMEN?!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin