Friday, January 29

the continued quiet



It's hard to believe January is coming to a swift end as we land on the last Friday of the month.  Seems like a perfect time to join in on a bit of quick writing today.  The task is to write for five minutes on one word, no editing, post it, link it up at Kate's Five Minute Friday, and be sure to visit the link before yours to leave a word of encouragement behind. Today's word is QUIET.  Ready? Set?  WRITE!

::quiet::

The thing about this five minute writing is that God typically immediately puts something on my mind to write about....and when He doesn't, I usually don't participate because I don't want to overthink a word.

But today's word had an immediate response.

For quite awhile I have been quietly waiting on God in a few areas of my life.  It's been the whole 'be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him' thing (Psalm 37:7a) as I continued with day to day living by doing the next thing before me.  It was a place of quietly wondering what He was up to behind the scenes.

Then January came along and I've been witnessing God obviously moving along here and there.  What is fascinating to me is that there is no urge to suddenly move out of this quiet place of being still.  It reminds me of what Henry Blackaby says about watching to see where God is working and join Him.  And that is exactly where I'm at as I quietly watch and wonder.  Wonder how, wonder where, wonder when. 

The only thing that I'm not wondering is why since I've grown to understand that there are a whole lot of whys I will never know the answer to while I'm on this earth.  

Instead, I'm looking forward to the adventure God has for me and the opportunity to live it out loud!

STOP!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~ 

P.S.  Our hostess for this writing task, Kate, has been through some hard health struggles recently.  Be praying for her recovery and a return back to her feet to fully do all the things she loves doing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Instead, I'm looking forward to the adventure God has for me and the opportunity to live it out loud!"

May your adventure continue to be filled with attentive, patient waiting and with joy. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Drusilla Barron
http://lovedasif.com

Thoughts for the day said...

Love your flower pictures that columbine is my favorite. enjoyed your reading. good job.

Tammy said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin