Friday, January 15

it's time


Many Fridays have passed and this one is almost gone, but I love the word for today.  It is time to write for five minutes, unedited, posted, linked up at Kate's Five Minute Friday, then taking a little time to visit the link before mine.  The word for today is TIME!  Ready?  Set?  GO!

::time::

It seems like so many years pass by and you still think you have so much time stretched out before you to do all the things you want to do.

Then one day you are shopping for LED light bulbs in the hardware store and while you are reading the information on the packaging and consider how much money these special light bulbs will save you in your electrical bill, you also suddenly realize that these light bulbs are probably going to outlive you.  

Time has suddenly shortened!

Your life passes before your eyes as you realize that "retirement" isn't that far away thing anymore.  The ticking of the clock takes on new meaning as priorities are considered and sorted through with the word S.I.M.P.L.I.F.Y. marching to the beat of the tick tock.

The new year may be a couple of weeks old already, but in a moment of time I've resolved that the home I've lived in for almost 37 years needs a major decluttering.  I'm done dealing with STUFF everywhere as my family continues to shrink.  It is time to sort through, give away, throw out, and reduce the stuff that robs me of valuable moments.  Keeping my home simplified will give me more time to spend with those I care about most.  And that, my friend, will always be time well spent!

Stop!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


4 comments:

Annette said...

Tammy... my mom is doing the same thing. Simplifying her life as her household shrinks. She tells me it GOOD for her soul to do so.

May it be well for yours as well. Visiting from FMF #87

LaughingLady said...

Decluttering is so hard, particularly when so many of the things have sentimental value. Or the people who gave them to you have a tendency to ask where they are or if you ever use them... ;)

Best wishes for progress in this project though! And happy New Year!!

bluecottonmemory said...

My husband works with making automotive lighting - and when we're in the hardware store looking at LED lighting - there are so many factors that go into whether these lights will outlive us, that they won't! LOL - I miss when it was just Tom we had to pick out (i.e. Edison). My biggest simplification comes when one of the nest married - I then take their big box of carefully saved stuff, their trophies, etc. and send it with them. Two down, three to go! I guess time eventually empties everything out!

Cheryl Simpson said...

I laughed out loud with the thought about the LED light outliving you. What a thought!

I am only in my 40's, but I have been thinking more and more about how little time I have on this earth compared to when I was in my 20's. Back then, I didn't give much thought to how much time I had. (Those thoughts are morbid at 20, right?)

Now I know better to count my days.

I like your simplify idea so that you can have more time with those who matter to you. The stuff-people battle is so clear in light of eternity.

May God give you grace and strength as you go through and sort out was goes and stays.

I'm glad to be your FMF neighbor.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin