Sunday, April 3

::decide::



Five minute Friday provides the task of writing for five minutes on one word with no editing allowed.  Post it, link it up at Kate's Five Minute Friday, and be sure to visit the link before yours to leave a word of encouragement for a fellow writer.  Having not written on my blog for so long, I decided to write on this week's word which is DECIDE.  Ready? Set? Write!

::decide::

What made me decide to write on my blog after such a long time?  Seeing that the word for this week was the word "DECIDE" because the last couple of days I kept seeing this quote come up on Facebook:

"Be decisive. Right or wrong make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision."

Living in squirrel country, this quote made perfect sense to me.  Squirrels are constantly busy - my guess, busier than bees - and are running everywhere  all the time which drives our dog completely crazy most of the time.  Racing up and down trees, leaping on and off bird feeders, chattering in rainy or sunny weather.....just plain busy.

Quite often, however, they are seen on the edge of the road and will do this back and forth thing several times before either running straight across or heading back into the woods. I cannot tell you how many times I've looked in my rear view mirror to see if there is a flat squirrel on the road behind me.  
How often does our mind do the exact same thing when we are trying to make a decision?  Back and forth and back and forth and back and forth....until the decision essentially gets made for us and often throws us flat on our back. 

Ugh!

Decide, my friend.  Take it to the Lord in prayer.  Make a choice.  You'll either fly across the road without a single hair touched or you'll be back in the woods allowing all the "what ifs" to run through your mind.  Either way, the Lord loves you, goes with you, and you have nothing to fear!

STOP!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

P.S.  I looked through my photos for a squirrel picture, but have none.  Those crazy animals don't hold still long enough for a picture!  


1 comment:

RCraig418 said...

Hi Tammy: I am so glad you decided to write again. I know the feeling of the squirrels crossing the road! I live in Ohio and see them all the time. It's like you can just watch them trying to decide what to do.

I am new to the blogging world, and I am really enjoying it. I haven't posted my link up yet this week, but wanted to comment on yours. I wish we could attach pictures because I do happen to have a couple of squirrels on my neighbors bird feeder in the middle of winter. :)

I hope you have a great week! I look forward to reading more of your posts. Blessings! Rachelle

Blog Widget by LinkWithin